What Causes imbalance?
- Antibiotics: While antibiotics are sometimes necessary, the overuse of antibiotics can harm your health. Not only the oral antibiotics, but also the use of antibacterial soaps, wipes, and sprays. Antibiotics kill both the bad and good bacteria.
- Chlorinated drinking water: A necessary evil, use a good filtration system or drink filtered water.
- Diet: Eating a diet low in fermentable carbohydrates hinders your ability to populate your healthy gut flora.
- Over-the-counter medication: Especially antacids and pain/fever reducers.
- Refined sugar and processed foods: These foods promote the growth of bad bacteria in the gut and hinder the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Toxins: Pesticides, herbicides, glyphosate, and environmental chemicals can negatively shift the microbiome.