In my local health food and wellness store, a jar of raw, unpressed coconut oil is about $7. Why is that awesome? Coconut oil has a wide array of health benefits, including fat loss and better brain function. And it’s so easy to incorporate into your daily routine. Not only that, there’s probably another 100 uses for coconut oil. All that packed into a $7 jar! For those health-minded budgeters, you've found your goldmine.
Check it out.
1. Coconut oil can be used to replace butter when you are cooking, and it’s better for you.
2. It’s a natural SPF 4. So while it may not give you the best protection, it can help you in a pinch.
3. Coconut oil has fatty acids that increase your metabolism, so mix some into your diet if you’re trying to lose weight. Throwing some into your morning smoothie or tea is an easy way to add it daily.
4. Dry cracked heels? Put down the blades and the salves. Rub on coconut oil in the morning and at night…you’ll be amazed at the softness of your feet. And, if it can do wonders for your feet, imagine what it can do for the rest of your body!
5. Speaking of, if you suffer from psoriasis or eczema, coconut oil may give you some relief.
6. Coconut oil keeps skin’s connective tissue happy and strong which can help you fight fine lines and wrinkles. Better than a $150 face cream, right?!
7. Want whiter teeth? The lauric acid in coconut oil can help rid your mouth of the bacteria that yellows teeth. Swish it around your mouth for 10-15 minutes (yes, it’s a bit of a time commitment), and then brush your teeth.
8. That lauric acid is also good at killing other bacteria, viruses and fungi, making it a great option for wound care.
9. The same properties that make coconut oil great for #5 & #6 also make it great for your immune system.
10. Wait, there’s more…these same properties also allow coconut oil to aid in digestion because they work on the bacteria that causes poor digestion.
11. Bacteria causes body odor under your arms. Remember what fights bacteria? Yup. Coconut oil. Banish that B.O. while moisturizing your skin!
12. Coconut oil is also a kinder, gentler eye make up remover.
13. Want to shave and moisturize at the same time? You guessed it, use coconut oil.
14. If you need to soften up the ends of your hair, massage some coconut oil into them before bed.
15. It’s good for your heart!
There are a lot more wellness uses of coconut and other great all-natural that can be implemented in to your wellness goals. You should check out our clean eating plan for more wholesome tips. Seriously, just ask Google. So maybe it’s time to put down the chemicals, the peels, and the bleaches and look for a natural approach to wellness. We can add some money back in our budget and be able to pronounce what we are putting on and in our body. What is 2-Oleamindo-1 anyway?