HOW TO GIVE THE GUT MICROBIOME A BOOST
HEALTHY GUT TIPS
- Eat a wide range of foods in various food groups including plant-based foods such as grains, seeds, and legumes. This will diversify your gut microbiome and improve your gut health.
- Eat more fermented foods. Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kefir are rich in healthy bacteria that may also help control the number of pathogenic species in your gut.
- Remove the chlorine from your drinking water.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Sugar stimulates the growth of pathogenic bacteria in your gut.
- Only take antibiotics when absolutely necessary. Antibiotics do not distinguish between pathogenic and beneficial bacteria. They kill all bacteria.